The TK curriculum focuses on the knowledge and skills that preschool children typically learn with appropriate support in the following domains:
· Social-emotional development
· Language and literacy
· English-language development
· Faith Formation
The curriculum is build around eight principles that emphasize offering to young children individually, culturally, and linguistically responsive learning experiences and environments where:
· Relationships are central.
· Play is a primary context for learning.
· Learning is integrated.
· Intentional teaching enhances children’s learning experiences.
· Family and community partnerships create meaningful connections.
· Individualization of learning includes all children.
· Responsiveness to culture and language supports children’s learning.
· There is time for reflection.